My Kind of Nude Lipsticks


I've never really been a nude lipstick person until maybe 2 years ago? Even now when looking at my nude or MLBB choices, they're darker than the typical skin tone lipstick. Light nudes or the ones that match my skin tone make me look really washed out and so I gravitate towards darker non-beige based nude lipsticks. 

I personally categorize all of these shades as part of my nude lipstick collection but they also fall under the brown, mauve, or orange categories as well.  



First up! One of the nude glosses I often wear is the Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss in Rule34. This product adds a slightly shimmery mauve nude shine on my lips and it's perfect for almost every situation. It does wear away pretty quickly on me, but I would rather it do that than feel super sticky and thick like some other glosses I've tried.

My favorite nude liquid lipstick is the Pony Effect Stay Fit Matte Lip Color in On Fleek (full review here). This formula is one of the least drying liquid lipstick formulas I've ever tried and I can't get over this color. It's truly a flattering brown shade on my light-medium skin tone. 

The Melt Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Mum was a surprise favorite and everyday shade for me. It looks more orange and brighter online, but it's a great muted burnt orange shade I always reach for. As we're heading towards cooler weather, I find myself pairing this shade with warm bronzed eye looks. It is drier than the other lipsticks in this post and slightly tugs when I apply it, but it stays on without making my lips feel parched.


The Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Chiffon Lipstick in BE109 (full face swatch and related post here) is one of the lighter nude lipsticks I have in my collection. It's a more pinky nudge shade that's close to my own lip color. It's a very light formula with a velvet (or Chiffon according to Etude House) finish which is a little less matte than your standard matte lipstick. 

The Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai was one of the first mauve MLBB lipsticks that I fell in love with. It's more on the warm rose side and this kind of shade was my favorite to wear during job interviews. As repeatedly mentioned in so many posts, the Amuse Bouche formula is one of my favorites to wear since it's super comfortable while being long lasting with a great smooth formula.

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in 1993 is a firm staple in my collection and it's partly because I was born in 1993. It's a very 90's brown and I love it! I even have the matching lip liner and both are great shades if I want something deeper. Since this is almost a statement nude shade for me, I like pairing it with a simple winged liner. 1993 is part of the reformulated Vice Comfort Matte range and while I haven't purchased that version, I have heard the formula isn't too different for this shade.

What's your favorite nude lipstick? Do you prefer a nude or bright shade?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment